Dr. Barbara N. Smith, Ph.D. Psychoanalyst
- Do you think your life should be better?
- Do you repeat relationship patterns that do not make you happy?
- Are you lacking in self-esteem and confidence?
- Are you stuck in jobs that dampen your initiative and creativity?
I have been a therapist working in Philadelphia for over 30 years working with individuals and couples helping them to understand themselves, reflect on what they want, and what avenues are most effective in taking them to their objectives.
People come into therapy because they recognize that something is not working in their lives. Therapy offers people an opportunity to change in ways that makes life more satisfying.
The experience of therapy can help to alter life patterns so that new ones can be constructed that are more in keeping with your expectations for the present and future. The process helps individuals to have richer relationships, extend their horizons, and push through obstacles that cramp their initiative and creativity in their work, and interests. Therapy is an investment in your future.
Dr. Smith’s orientation to therapy:
- Provides an understanding environment in a confidential setting
- Recognizes individual’s strengths
- Helps to develop new and creative perspectives
- Works to develop self-awareness and self-esteem
- Provides an opportunity to work consistently to make changes to your life
Contact Dr. Smith
The Wellington Building
135 S. 19th Street, Suite 320 Philadelphia, PA 19103
E-Mail: Dr. Barbara N. Smith